Simple Steps To Attract Buyers!
If you are thinking of selling your home, or you are committed and planning to sell your home this spring, there are some simple things that you can do to attract buyers.
The first thing you want to do is think like a home buyer. 99% of all home buyers today, begin on the internet. They go to REMAX.com, Realtor.com, SearchForMarylandHome.com, or one of the other thousands of home searched and start looking for homes. So you want to make sure your home looks amazing online when you are selling your home.
There are some pretty basic things homes buyers start with and look for when starting a home search. Some you can control and some you can't. You want to make sure when selling your home, that you make it as appealing to the buyer as you can, to attract their attention.
1) Area - They search a certain area. It can be a neighborhood, a city or even a county.
2) Price - The buyer will put in the price points that they are looking for. This is normally in $25,000 increments, meaning they would search for homes, priced from $200,000 to $225,000 or maybe from $225,000 to $250,000.
3) Bedrooms and Bath - They will search for a certain number of bedrooms and bathrooms. Normally it will be 3+ bedrooms or 2+ bathrooms.
This is home most home buyers begin their home search. You can control the price when your selling your home, so make sure that you price your home correctly, or the buyers you want, won't see your home.
The Home Search Playing Field Has been leveled!
The reality of the situation is that all search engines (Realtor.com, Zillow, Truilia, REMAX.com, SearchForMarylandHome.com, etc...) all pull from the same source, the Multiple List. So it's critial that everything is entered into the MLS carefully and properly. This means you want to hire a Professional Realtor who will take the care needed to make sure your home looks the best, no matter what search engine a buyer will use. It has to look good online, when your selling your home!
If you want to attract buyers today, you need to do it online!
1) Make sure the first picture is the buyer sees, catches their eyes. You want it to be impressive enough to stop the scroll.
2) Make sure all the pictures are bright and clean (It's amazing how many realtors post dark and cluttered pictures of homes). If your serious about selling your home, then make sure it is clean and decluttered, especially when the photographer is taking the pictures! Remember, a pictures says a thousand words!
3) Make sure the description is well written and easy to understand. There is less and less constrants on how many characters a desciption can have, so make sure your Realtor writes away
4) Make it easy for the buyer. There is no need for vague appreviations these days. Write it out. Show pictures that make it easy for the buyer to see home, and entice them to come and tour the home.
5) Make the home accessible! It's alot harder today to get people out from behind their computer and out touring homes. (I hear it all the time... "I don't "see" anything I like!" So the agents haven't done their job, making your home look good.) So if your serious about selling your home, let the buyers come and look at it!!!
Home Buyers Care ABout the price!
In the age of Uber, Lyft, VRBO, AirBNB, etc... the internet has changed the way people shop. Why are these websites so popular? Because the users are "getting A deal", they feel like they are getting a discount or a substantial savings over the traditional ways of renting a car, getting a hotel, etc. However there are still cab companies, they are still building hotels.
Travelocity, HotWire, Expedia have all changed the way that travel is done. However, there are still travel agents and they are still helping people plan trips.
When you are selling your home, your most valuable asset, do you really want a discount Realtor, usually an agent with no experience... representing and negoiating for you? I am always stunned by some of the blunders that I see agents make that can cost home sellers thousands of dollars.
The internet has made it easy to see all the homes on the market. I think that this is amazing. But you still want an experienced Realtor to help you market your home with a powerful description, stunning pictures, and the ability to negoiation and the experience to know how to get you the most money possible for your home.
Contact Maryland Real Estate Professionals when you want to discuss selling your home, we have the experience, we have the negoiation skills, we have the marketing experience and knowlegde to make your home stand out from the rest. Go to www.MDHomesValues.com and sign up for a FREE home valuation.
We also offer FREE drone footage and pictures with our the homes that we represent. We also create FREE marketing videos, that make your home stand out from the standard "slide show".
Maryland Real Estate Professionals, it's the experience that counts. Hundreds of Maryland home sellers and home buyers have trusted myself and the Maryland Real Estate Professionals team with thier most valuable negoiations... their homes! We look forward to earning your trust as well. Have a great week!